In The Hive
- Mentoring and one-to-one support for young people.
- Support group activities on site for maximum 15 at any time on an invitation only basis.
- Free, hot lunches (for young people to collect from The Hive)
In the community
- Outreach youth work in the community to engage with young people who are out on the street.
- Deliveries of activity packs which include art and craft items, and sports items such as football and resistance bands for home exercise.
- Isolation packs for young people who are isolating at home. Find out more at https://www.thehiveyouthzone.org/isolation-project/
- Food hamper, hygiene supplies and other essentials deliveries for vulnerable young people and their families.
- Wellbeing phone calls for young people.
- Zoom activity sessions for young people.
- Live social media events and activities.
- Competitions and challenges on our social media platforms
- Dedicated ‘talktothehive’ email address which is monitored on a daily basis for any questions and requests from young people and their families.
One to One Support including mentoring – These sessions will be for young people who need the support of a Youth Worker one-to-one. Our team will invite young people to attend the session on a planned day and time. This will allow young people the opportunity to discuss any issues or support needs they have with a trusted Youth Worker.
Support Group Sessions – These sessions will be for groups of young people who will be invited to attend a session at The Hive. These sessions will allow young people the opportunity to discuss shared issues, maintain relationships with their peer group and take part in a positive activity.
Online and Zoom Activity Sessions – Our team will be delivering a whole host of activities and sessions via Zoom that will be fun and engaging for young people. Participants will be able to get involved in arts, dance, sports, wellbeing and whole load of other sessions after school and at weekends.
In addition to the above services we’ll be on the phones everyday checking in on members, seeing how everything is going and seeing if there is anything we can do to support. We will also be uploading activities and challenges to our social media platforms so make sure you are following us online.
We are really looking forward to be able to have more young people back in at The Hive as soon as possible but for now we hope that the above services will ensure we are able to continue to provide a young people support during what could be a challenging period of time.
The health, safety and wellbeing of young people, staff, volunteers, visitors and those in the wider community is our top priority and we will continue to do what we can to support those around us. We have updated our COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT which you can read here. Wirral Youth Zone RA 60 Pandemic V2.4