The Hive Youth Zone, which is part of the OnSide Network of youth zones, exists to provide an safe, accessible, affordable facility where young people 8-19 (up to 25 with a disability) of all backgrounds and abilities can meet to play and participate in a wide range of sports, arts, music, media and developmental activities every week.
We do this by:
- Keeping young people at the centre of all we do
- Recognising young people’s potential
- Demonstrating a culture of continuous improvement and a “tonight’s better than last night” philosophy
- Going the extra mile to ensure great provision for young people, and always treating them with respect
- Providing a positive role model for young people
- Demonstrating a positive and “can do” attitude
- Providing all young people regardless of gender, ethnicity, ability, sexuality, beliefs or back ground and safe and welcoming environment and opportunity to explore their own values and identity
- Providing a range of new opportunities, activities and experiences to young people in a safe environment.
The Hive’s offer to young people is structured in the following way:
- Senior club, for young people aged 13-19 (up to 25 for young people identifying as with additional needs or disability)
- Junior club, for young people aged 8-12
- HiveAbility, aimed at young people of all ages with additional needs or disability
- InBetweeners, focused on young people in school years 6, 7 and 8
- Holiday club, during school holidays for young people aged 8-12 during school holidays
Additional closed and targeted sessions also take place at the Hive.
Click to read our full safeguarding policy.