The Hive, Wirral Youth Zone offers a chance to make a real difference in the lives of thousands of young people. If you have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be part of this exciting team coupled with the skills that our roles require, please apply today.
How to apply
Please take the time to read about the role and make sure it fits your motivation and that your skills and experiences are matched to the kind of person we’re looking for. From here you’ll be able to fill in an application form using the link below the advert. Alternatively, if you need a paper based application form, please email email@example.com
Make a difference tab
Make a difference….
Wirral Youth Zone offers a chance to make a real difference in the lives of thousands of young people. If you have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be part of this exciting project please check out our wide range of volunteering opportunities by looking below
Please note applicants for all positions at The Hive must be aged 18 and over.
VOLUNTEER BOXING COACH
Vol Boxing Coach Tab - VACANCY
Volunteer Boxing Coach
Commitment: Minimum of 3 hours per week
Essential Qualification: England Boxing Level 1 Coaching Course, or England Boxing Level 2 Coaching Course
Reporting to: Chris Lane – Sports Coordinator
The Hive is passionate about reaching and supporting as many young people as possible, and we couldn’t achieve this goal without our team of volunteers. We are looking to further strengthen our sports offer to young people through the introduction of a new amateur boxing club where young people can improve their skills, fitness, and confidence in a safe and controlled environment. We are looking for a Level 2 qualified Volunteer Boxing Coach to lead the club, and a Level 1 qualified Volunteer Boxing Coach to support with sessions.
• To plan, coordinate and deliver a boxing club to young people aged 8-19 (25 with a disability) that coaches and trains young people on boxing technique and skill.
• The Level 2 qualified coach will adopt the role as Head Coach and take a lead in planning and delivering sessions.
• To coach young people of various ages and abilities, involving 1-2-1 and group sessions.
• To provide a fun and engaging environment that motivates young people to participate fully in the session and to develop their skills.
• To work collaboratively with the Sports Coordinator to deliver a club that enables young people to build their confidence, social skills and overall wellbeing through sports.
• To ensure all activities are safe and comply with Wirral Youth Zone policies.
Skills & Experience we are looking for:
• Someone with an England Boxing Level 1 Coaching Course qualification, and someone with an England Boxing Level 2 Coaching Course qualification.
• Someone who is passionate about boxing that will be motivated and enthusiastic whilst supportive and approachable to our young people.
• Someone who shares our charity values and objectives, to provide the best support and experiences for our young people.
• Experience coaching young people would be advantageous.
All our volunteer roles require an Enhanced DBS Check, and two references. Volunteers must be 18 years old or above.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please fill out the application form below
CLICK HERE to apply