Hive Show 2019
Hive Show 2019
Are you ace at social media? Do you have great people skills? Perhaps you’re a budding entrepreneur? Or a media whiz?
We have an amazing opportunity for Hive members to take the lead on planning our first ever Hive musical! The show will be completely planned and put together by young people – and we want everyone to get involved. There is so much more to a show than just the performance, and this is a fantastic way to use your skills to help build something incredible. It’s also a great opportunity for you to gain experience working on a real project alongside staff and mentors.
We are looking for enthusiastic young people who will commit to working on this project from beginning to end. We are planning the show for November/December 2019.
We are currently recruiting for the following leadership roles (other roles will become available throughout the year):
PROJECT MANAGER(2 positions: 1 junior member, 1 senior member)
The role of a project manager is to oversee the planning of the whole event.
- Working with all teams to create a timeline of key dates and making sure these are met
- Scheduling and attending regular meetings to monitor progress
- Tracking costs
It’s the project managers job to make sure the event is delivered on time and within budget.
Good project managers are;
- Good communicators and able to work well with everyone
- Calm under pressure and able to help with problems
PERFORMANCE TEAM LEADER
You will head up the performance team, with support from a member of Hive staff. Your role will include:
- Arranging auditions
- Deciding who is on stage and backstage
- Coordinating rehearsals
- Supporting musicians, actors and dancers
SALES & MARKETING TEAM LEADER
You will head up the sales & marketing team, with support from a member of Hive staff. Your role will include:
- Event branding and merchandise design
- Creating a social media campaign
- Writing press releases and news updates about the show
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM LEADER
You will head up the technical support team, with support from a member of Hive staff. Your role will include:
- Costume and prop management
- Overseeing set design
- Working alongside light and sound engineers to design the show
- Directing photography and videography
FINANCE TEAM LEADER
You will head up the finance team, with support from a member of Hive staff. Your role will include:
- Keeping an eye on the show budget
- Managing how much money is allocated to each team
- Managing the banking process
PARTNER RELATIONS TEAM LEADER
You will head up the partner relations team, with support from a member of Hive staff. Your role will include:
- Speaking to companies and individuals who will be able to provide sponsorship money to make sure our show can go ahead
- Speaking to venues and working with the rest of the team to decide where we will hold the show
- Speaking to partner companies who will supply everything we need to put the show on, for example printing our programmes
To apply, please fill out the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or ask a member of the reception team to print it out and fill it in on session.
We look forward to hearing from you and getting everything started!