Get a Job Course – Sign up now!
Our Get a Job Course is an 8-week employability skills programme which offers each enrolled student a great chance to get into work, apprenticeships, training or further education.
Gain training in life skills including money management skills, improved confidence and a chance to meet tons of new people.
Also included on the course is a brilliant residential weekend with activities such as abseiling, paddle-boarding and rock-climbing.
The course is open for young people who aren’t in employment or education between the ages of 16 and 24.
Each course consists of:
- Accreditation by PEARL (Personal Employability, Achievement and Reflection for Learning) up to level 3.
- 5 week academic element – CV writing, interview techniques, customer service skills, telephone skills, presentation skills, teamwork skills, entrepreneurial skills, company visit days and more.
- 3 day educational residential
- 2 week work experience placement.
- Transition into full or part-time work, apprenticeships, training or education and self employment.
When is the course on?
Get a Job Course Timetable (rolling programmes throughout the calendar year)
- Mondays, 10am – onwards
- Tuesdays, 10am – onwards
- Wednesdays, 10am – onwards
Senior Club Sessions (for all members aged 13-19 years old)
We also offer drop-in sessions for our senior members twice a week. These sessions are for those who have questions about the career they wish to take or maybe a bit of advice on their CV or an interview.
- Tuesday, 4pm – 6pm
- Thursday, 7pm – 9pm
We will also be running enterprise sessions as part of the Youth Zone’s core offer and this is a great opportunity for young budding entrepreneurs to get involved in business and a great addition to anyone’s CV.
Young people who join our enterprise team develop great leadership, time-management and finance skills. We also give members the chance to sell at trade stands throughout the UK and see their concepts and products designed and sold in the real world!